By: Anita Pruneda
Public Relations Manager
Del Rio, TX – The City of Del Rio is excited to host a Roaring 20’s Reverse Christmas Parade for the
Community on Friday, December 4, 2020, at the Del Rio Civic Center. The event will take place from
6:30 pm- 8:30 pm and will be composed of static displays, creating a festive and fun holiday wonderland
taken back in time to the 1920s.
“This year we are excited to continue the tradition of the annual Christmas Night Parade. However, this
the year we are doing things a little differently to ensure that spectators and participants celebrate safely.
This year’s “reverse parade” will feature all participants that are stationary and safely spaced apart while
viewers drive-through. Spectators will enter and exit on Lowe St. When spectators enter the Civic
Center Parking lot, traffic will be routed to the front of the Civic Center passing the Urban Oasis and
large Christmas Tree. Spirit groups and bands will be placed in this area. Traffic will continue to the back
parking lot where they will see the static floats, parked vehicles and displays. The City of Del Rio’s Media
Department will be sharing a live video on Facebook and Instagram for anyone that will not be able to
view the parade in person,” stated Esme Meza, Community Services Director.
Interested participants can contact Esme Meza at 830-282-2818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Online applications can be submitted via the City of Del Rio website here. The deadline to apply is Tuesday
December 1, 2020. There is no entry fee to participate. Each entry will be assigned a designated location
for their display on Wednesday, December 2, 2020. A map of all entries will be shared on the City of Del
Rio Government Facebook page on Thursday, December 3, 2020.
Participants parade schedule will be as follows:
December 4, 2020
• 8:00 am- 5:00 pm– Check-In at the entrance on Lowe Drive as you enter the parking lot.
Participants will be directed where to set-up.
• 5:30 pm – All parade entrants must be set up and ready
• 6:30 pm – Reverse parade begins
• 8:30 pm – Tentative end time. Organizers will allow entry to vehicles that are waiting in line at
this time. Parade organizers will stop allowing cars to join the line after 8:30 pm.
• 9:00pm – 12:00am – Teardown. All entrants must clean up after their entry (animal waste,
garbage, staging, and decorations, etc.)
To adhere to recommendations by the Local Health Authority and the CDC, some rules and guidelines
have been implemented to keep our community as safe as possible while we celebrate:
• All participants must have a face mask/covering that covers both mouth and nose at all times.
• Anyone who has been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days or is feeling ill should not
participate. For more information contact the City of Del Rio Community Services at 830-282-2818.
• In the interest of safety, no articles should be distributed along the parade route. This includes
coins, candy, balloons, flyers, souvenirs, or any other items.
• No loud noises caused by discharging of firearms, cannons, or fireworks are permitted.
• Political campaigning will not be permitted on the parade route. Elected officials are welcome
to participate, but they should not solicit for re-election in the parade.
• Irresponsible or unsafe conduct, whether before or during the parade will be grounds for removal
from participation. Any regulations and rules that are not adhered to will result in a similar
The City of Del Rio is excited to bring this safe and fun event to the community this holiday season. We
thank would like to thank all participants for their involvement and look forward to celebrating as we
once did for years to come.
For more information contact the City of Del Rio Community Services at 830-282-2818
Phone: 830-775-0325 ,Email: email@example.com